The history of Hauger-Zeigler Funeral Home dates back to the 1920’s. Originally Brooks and Landis Funeral Home, Charles Hauger partnered with Brooks and the funeral home was named Brooks and Hauger Funeral Home. Charles Hauger later purchased the partnership and the funeral home was named Charles Hauger Funeral Home. Upon his death in 1961 his son Richard Hauger purchased the funeral Home naming it Richard E. Hauger Funeral Home, then in 1986 upon Richard’s retirement his son-in-law Edward Zeigler purchased the funeral home, naming it Hauger-Zeigler Funeral Home. Edward Zeigler died in 2004 and the business was purchased by his son Brian Zeigler who continues to own and operate the four generation funeral home.
Hauger-Zeigler Funeral Home is a proud member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes which is an organization with membership by invitation, only one funeral home from a designated area is selected as a result of their outstanding practices in funeral service, Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association and Somerset County Funeral Directors Association, and is the 2008 Daily American Readers Choice Award Recipient for Best Funeral Home, and also received in the Community Improvement Award in 2010 for the meticulous way they keep their property.